Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

b/f or c/c this flop?

Default b/f or c/c this flop?

Villain is a mediocre TAG 26/16/2.3 We don't have any crazy dynamic at the moment and I usually only 3bet about 6% of the time which isn't tons. He folds to 60% of 3bets.

$2.5/$5 No Limit Holdem
    5 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($1376.53)
    CO ($242.50)
    BTN ($570.65)
    Hero ($498.00)
    BB ($283.70)

Pre-flop: ($7.50, 5 players) Hero is SB
    UTG raises to $17.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $60, 1 fold, UTG calls $42.50

Flop: ($127.50, 2 players)
    Hero ($438)?
    c/c? i think b/f is almost always better here given how drawy the board is because you get shoved on too much and cant stand the heat.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    Is c/f considerable?
    Quote Originally Posted by bode
    c/c? i think b/f is almost always better here given how drawy the board is because you get shoved on too much and cant stand the heat.
    Do you mean this the other way around?
    Quote Originally Posted by minSim
    Is c/f considerable?
    Probably. Why do you want that line?
    With you from the blinds 3betting villains UTG open, and without a light 3betting history, villains calling range has to be narrow.

On the flop you're basically in a WA/WB situation.
    When you check, I expect villain to check behind (almost) all the hands that you beat and bet the hands that beat you. The only hand you MIGHT get value from would be QQ.

Of course it is possible that villain turns his TT- in a bluff and bets, but I guess with the rest of his betting range filled with hands that beat us, we should still c/f.

When b/f-ing the primary reason to bet would then be to not get bluffed, which doesn't seem a great reason in general, and not against villains range here...the maybe small value from QQ doesn't seem to change that either.
    I'm interested. I play well below these limits, so I'm probably off, here. At the micros, the 3bet flatting range for a TAGG pwns the KK with this board - the board's sick for our hand and the betting. I probably c/f, here. Again, I'm interested to see what higher stakes regs have to say.
    I c/f. We're not getting value from anything, flush draws are a tiny, possibly nonexistent, part of his range and we're only worried about QQ and TT bluffing us, which seems unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisheyes
    Quote Originally Posted by bode
    Do you mean this the other way around?
    no, i meant it the way i said but didnt explain it very well. I meant that b/f lets us get away much cheaper when we get raised/3bet.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.