Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

3 Days in Europe any recs?

Default 3 Days in Europe any recs?

Traveling alone. Thinking Barcelona or Lisbon. I want a place where I can just chill on the beach, maybe party 1 day tops. I love history museums, otherwise than that I have no class so I don't appreciate art.

Would prefer to keep spending under $200 a day including hotel, but givin a unique experience can go higher.

Mid May.
    You like party and beach, try Ibiza.
    Virginity is like a bubble: one prick and it's all gone
    Ignoranus (n): A person who is stupid AND an assh*le
    Barcelona. Amazing city. Gaudi architecture and art. Beach is ok, cool for partying. Guaranteed nice weather. Way more fun than Portugal.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Hmmm... misread the art comment in op. But there's more to Barcelona than art anyway and you don't need to be into art to appreciate Gaudi's buildings and park.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Ibiza is the Fort Lauderdale of europe, so if you like that sort of thing, go for it. I personally don't think it's worth crossing the atlantic for some exotic venereal disease.
    I'd go for italy, but I wouldn't go mid summer either unless there absolutely is no other choice. Venice is overrun with tourists, so is rome.
    Unless you catch a rainy week, it might be consistently over 100°F. - I love italy, but not mid summer. I honestly prefer the alps in the winter. Temperature is nice, accomodation is super cheap, but you have to be into cycling, hiking, paragliding or motorcylces to enjoy it.

But I might be the wrong person to ask. I don't really get the concept of holidays.
    Beach is the same everywhere, isn't it?
    Last edited by oskar; 04-16-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Beach is the same everywhere, isn't it?
    yeah I don't wanna be a buzzkill but if you're stateside and just want three days on the beach, local options must be cheaper/easier? Anything specific pulling you towards europe that could help with suggestions, or just want a change of scene?
    Jeez who wants to go to Europe for 3 days? If you're gonna do that, take as long as possible, 3 days not worth the hassle imo.

Italy is a superb country (cities, nature, people, food, culture, everything). One nice trip that can be done in a few days is a couple of days to visit Rome, plus a few days traveling through Abruzzo to end up on the Adriatic coast.

mid-may is a good time, water in the Med Sea will be (very) chilly though.
    Last edited by daviddem; 04-16-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Virginity is like a bubble: one prick and it's all gone
    Ignoranus (n): A person who is stupid AND an assh*le
    Haha. I'm going on a business trip to UK. I'm able to con 3-4 days before the trip. As long as the air fare is close in cost to go to UK, I get the flight for free. Thus, why I'm not picking Greece. Didn't want to do paris because, single guy in paris seems like a waste. I want to relax with some sight seeing. i do like natural sights too plus hiking. But, wouldn't mind getting drunk day drinking on a cool beach while checking out the locals.
    definitely don't go to paris imo. sorry to any parisians reading but I lived and worked in a hostel in the netherlands for a couple of months and upwards of 90% of people who'd come from there hated it, to my initial surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    definitely don't go to paris imo. sorry to any parisians reading but I lived and worked in a hostel in the netherlands for a couple of months and upwards of 90% of people who'd come from there hated it, to my initial surprise.
    There must be some correlation between people who specifically go to Paris, then the Netherlands and people who suck then.

Paris is grimy and fucking great if you do it right (ie. eat and drink the stuff you're most likely to die from, either immediately or over time).
    Last edited by BennyLaRue; 04-16-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by !Luck View Post
    Haha. I'm going on a business trip to UK. I'm able to con 3-4 days before the trip. As long as the air fare is close in cost to go to UK, I get the flight for free. Thus, why I'm not picking Greece. Didn't want to do paris because, single guy in paris seems like a waste. I want to relax with some sight seeing. i do like natural sights too plus hiking. But, wouldn't mind getting drunk day drinking on a cool beach while checking out the locals.
    Weather in UK is finally picking up - fk flying anywhere, head out into the UK. Cornwall is awesome this time of year if your down south - good food, beaches, great walks, great drink. Or lots of cool places up north (I hear).
    Normski
    You can catch a ryanair flight to wherever for very cheap from Stansted.
    Actually why not go to ireland and have a guiness. And take a cross country bus if you want to know what fear is. Or just go to the white cliffs. It's like a beach, only vertical.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Seems so late but just giving out my thoughts, Seville is a great choice as well. There are many tourist attractions and I do not think you will be spending much. Visit the Seville Cathedral, Giralda Tower and the Maria Luisa Park.There are a lot more but those are my top 3 spots.
    If you like museums, Rome. The whole city is one big museum.