Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

100NL TPTK facing c/r flop and donklead turn on drawy board

Default 100NL TPTK facing c/r flop and donklead turn on drawy board

Villain is over 122 hands 17/7/ 6.5 af came across pretty tight. Hand occured earlier. stats are from database after session. Looking back this would be a decent spot to squeeze preflop right? Turn decision?

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $101
    SB: $151.95
    Hero (BB): $111.70
    UTG: $155.35
    MP: $93.15
    CO: $23

Pre-Flop: Q A dealt to Hero (BB)
    2 folds, CO raises to $4, BTN folds, SB calls $3.50, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($12) 9 7 Q (3 Players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $8, CO folds, SB raises to $18, Hero calls $10

Turn: ($48) 2 (2 Players)
    SB bets $29, Hero ??

[/i]
    His high AF an bet sizing make me want to shove this turn. 3 betting pf would be nice, and his turn bet isn't a donk lead. He took the initiative with his c/r and hes following up with a bet.
    Flopping quads and boats like its my job
    oops, yes you're right about the wrong title.

yeah, there's too many draws out there . flushdraw, perhaps TJ. calling commits me anyway and draws will call now, but not when they miss river.

I called at the time, which I think is a bit of a mistake (shove/fold right?). River was Q of diamonds and he shoves instantly...
    I definitely like shove turn on this drawy board if he's been aggro.

Squeeze is very good here if CO opens more than 15% or steals 25%+.
    Playing live . . . thanks alot Bin Laden.
    because his range consists of a lot of draws, as well as hands like QJ/QT especially QJss, QTss, which he can be jamming for value on the river since your hand looks a lot like a marginal made hand or a draw when u just call such a draw heavy flop, i have to call the river. otherwise raising flop would be my default.

however i would have 3bet squeezed preflop which would have completely avoided this awkward situation to begin with.
    I'd prolly 3bet all-in flop as well, on the turn I'd shove over him
    My blog/operation where ill gladly discuss all my poker thoughts/hands etc, all welcome: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...os-192003.html

6-max NLHE, micro-small stake player
    thanks, looking back I forgot to be agressive anywhere in this hand. Even though I got the money in, there were definitely better ways to play this hand. I did call and he showed 99, but I feel I was ahead of his range so that doesnt really matter.
    My god man, re-raise the short-buy pre-flop.
    agreed, just put shortie allin. the SB cant really have a big hand or else he would have done it...
    id shove turn if i call flop. opp raised flop small so i dont put him on a set since they are much more likely to raise more for protection. i like the call consiidering opp has TP, MP or draw and will probably bet turn 100% of the time since they wont know how to play alot of turns then i jam most turns.
    Jman: every time the action is to you, it's an opportunity for you to make the perfect play.
    How many FD's do you think are actually in his range (remember he was the first caller preflop).

If he's the type that never calls Axs or SC's uit of the blinds AND he's calling flop with KQ instead of raising, then you should get away from this.
    But his preflop numbers at least assume there's FD's in his range and his AF assumes he's capable of raising them, so you have to widen his range with FD's/SD's besides sets and 2P, maybe even KQ or QcXx. Then you really can't get away from it and 3betting flop is better because of all the draws.
    yeah. cold call pre-flop % might be real helpful here.
    guys he's just looking to complain about taking coolers/beats

he'll continue to be the type of poker player we all love, the one that isn't any good but thinks he is, and slowly donates to the regulars.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinDallas
    yeah. cold call pre-flop % might be real helpful here.
    I usually assume this is about the same as vpip - pfr... not good?