Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

100NL: Few hands

Default 100NL: Few hands

Hand 1:

Villain hadn't done much of anything over 25 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG ($99.50)
    MP ($109.20)
    Button ($92)
    SB ($202.85)
    Hero ($101.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
    3 folds, SB raises to $4, Hero raises to $11.5, SB calls $7.50.

Flop: ($23.50) 7, J, T (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $16, SB raises to $191.35, Hero calls $74 (All-In).

Hand 2:

Both UTG and BU were loose donks, BB is unknown but tight looking over 25 hands. I wanted UTG HU.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP ($46.40)
    CO ($62.80)
    Button ($38.05)
    Hero ($123.55)
    BB ($54.35)
    UTG ($8.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
    UTG raises to $8.15, 2 folds, Button calls $8.15, Hero raises to $70

Hand 3:

Villain is 70/10 over 60 hands or so.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($53.50)
    BB ($133.30)
    UTG ($98.50)
    Hero ($124.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, Q.
    1 fold, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) 4, 2, A (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $7, BB calls $7.

Turn: ($22.50) A (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $16, BB calls $16.

River: ($54.50) 3 (2 players)
    BB bets $106.3 (All-In) Hero ... ?
    1 - If you raise more pre then you are much more priced in to call. Looks like you gave him set odds and he hit.

2 - I might be inclined to fold just because UTG is allin and BB has no stack and will assuredly call a shove. If they had full stacks this is a good squeeze.

3 - I could easily see this being a flush wanting an A to call. W/o a read I can muck, but if he stacks off light I'm aww rin.
    My sig is too much for you to handle.
    hand 1: I raise to at least one tenth more than villains potential profit (hero raises to $16). A $12 call induces mistakes from all hands that you beat. We win when we induce these mistakes over and over.

hand 2: Looks good against loose donks. Well played until the river... I'm dumping the the push though.

hand 3: If villain has a wide calling range preflop, you need to be raising more preflop with big hands like AQ in position against them. make it anything larger than your standard 4x raise pre.
    hand 1: Oo... complicated, suxx that you got no read on this guy, I'm sure that in some situations I 'd call and others I'd fold

hand 2: Yeah, I'd prolly do the same, SB can't call without QQ+ since BU will probably also call, and since you think you're ahead of BU and UTG this is a profitable play
    EDIT: OH, didn't know you wanted UTG HU, since BU has good pot odds to call I can't really see him folding...

Hand 3: I'd almost definitely fold unless he was overly agressive and bluffed a lot (which judging by those stats I don't think he really does...), any 5, diamonds or full house got you beat... and against this player it's more than likely he has one of those hands
    My blog/operation where ill gladly discuss all my poker thoughts/hands etc, all welcome: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...os-192003.html

6-max NLHE, micro-small stake player
    hand 1 my god this is the easiest call ever. Don't even think about folding. You should be pissed you don't cover him.

hand 2 fine given reads/stacks but 66 is a fold I think.

hand 3 sigh and fold
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanglow
    hand 3 sigh and fold
    All that Deanglow said.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I do need to crank up my 3-betting size in spots like this.

Hand1: KK > A6s
    Hand2: KJ > 88 > 55 (55 was the bigger shorty tho so yay)
    Hand3: I don't wanna talk about the worst call I've made in months. Lesson learned in overemphasizing stats while dismissing horrible board textures.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer
    Hand3: I don't wanna talk about the worst call I've made in months. Lesson learned in overemphasizing stats while dismissing horrible board textures.
    I made 2 worse calls last night.
    1 is fine, more than fine actually. He has a draw/combo draw so much (and top pair occasionally) that folding is not good.

2 is fine.

3 is an easy fold regardless of his stats. The obvious draw got there, if he has a 5 he got there, and you're also losing to 22, 33, 44, A2, A3, A4, and AK. Forgot about your trips, you're not winning this hand.

edit: posting after answers already revealed makes your insights seem smarter lulz