Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Bovada has "zone poker"

Default Bovada has "zone poker"

just saw they updated and now offer "zone poker" which is same as zoom on stars. Fulltilt had it too but im having a brain fart on what the name of it was there. my question is what the hell kind of strategy can we use on something like this with it being a "nameless" site? if you don't know bovada doesn't allow player names anymore and you play with opponents who have just numbers. (6max is 1-6, FR is 1-9, MTT is 1-max players) any thoughts? just be a nit? or take advantage in position and play some pots?
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    It was called Rush on FTP.

And you can just take advantage of the mistakes that you believe the majority of the player pool would make. I mean if 90% of the players you face will call down too light in a certain spot, it makes sense to play correctly versus what the majority would do, rather than play differently on the off chance you are against the minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacks View Post
    It was called Rush on FTP.

And you can just take advantage of the mistakes that you believe the majority of the player pool would make. I mean if 90% of the players you face will call down too light in a certain spot, it makes sense to play correctly versus what the majority would do, rather than play differently on the off chance you are against the minority.
    Rush! that's it. I remember the days 4 tabling rush was awesome way to get volume. you have a valid point I will check it out, I took a break from poker for awhile and now im ready to start again. For us players bovada seems to be the place. fast cashouts and good games. PLO games are great there. tons of fish and action up to about $400 PLO then the fish come far and few between.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    Given the complete unreadability of the villains on Zone, I can't imagine there's a gold mine there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Given the complete unreadability of the villains on Zone, I can't imagine there's a gold mine there.
    not necessarily, as each player is numbered as they join. example; you see there are 56 players in the player pool when you join you will be player number 57. so even though long term they are unreadable, in each session you will have some knowledge of given players.

bet fucking fold." Ong
    Ah. Good to know.