Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

10k Hands Update

Default 10k Hands Update

Sorta....

While I have 10,100 hands played, I have played them at several different stakes with varying numbers of players.

Here's the overall graph in bb as I feel it is more indicative of how I've been doing than money won.

Here are the results by stake.

The $4 full ring should really be combined with the 6-max. While I was trying to get a full ring game going, the table maxed out at 5. Not sure why PT did that.

And most importantly, positional stats (filtered for 5-9 players)

If there's anything for me to take out of this, it's that I need to stop playing so many hands so aggressively in early position. It is by far the biggest leak in my game right now. I'm never going to make it if I'm more aggressive out of position than when I'm in position. Another thing I need to stop doing is calling shoves with medium strength hands when there are straight and flush possibilities on the board.

All in all, it hasn't been terrible, but it could be much better. It could also be much worse as according to my overall luck bell curve, I've been running slightly hot on sets, and very hot on straights and flushes.

If there is anything else anyone wants to see, let me know and I'll get the info for you.
    know the enemy and know yourself, and in 100 battles you will never be in peril.

know yourself but ignorant of the enemy, your chances of winning are half.

if ignorant of yourself and of your enemy and you will always be in danger.
    what are you limping UTG, gap between your vpip and pfr in most positions shows that you are either limping or calling too much

what is your bankroll management strategy, moving from 2 to 10nl winning 24$ and running ahead of all in ev (~$14) seems reckless

why is your highest vpip from the worst seat at the table and you get to showdown the least number of times from that seat. are you 3betting a lot from the blinds or seeing a flop and giving up.

if you are posting full ring hand positions i think PT has a full ring position report looks like you are using a 6max one.
    Open raise more, open limp less
    Keith:
    I'm both calling and limping too much. In early position I'm 2-betting with too many marginal hands trying to shove the passive players out of the pot, then folding when I meet resistance. This is something I need to stop doing. I think my range in general is too wide and I've been getting away with it because the players are so passive. My fold to flop bet in early positions is way too high, and it's a product of not being more selective with my starting hands.

I played $10nl only during Labor Day weekend. I have since kept it to $2nl and trying to get action at $4nl. It's usually 2-4 handed at $4nl. The swings can be a bit much at $4nl, but my bankroll can support it (~50BI for $4nl). I also think playing shorthanded $4nl will help me long term since all of the action from $10nl up is 6-max. It's usually full ring at $2nl. I always jump into a $2nl 6-max table if there is one going since the table stays full longer than at $4nl.

Spoon:
    Point taken. This was something I was thinking about while playing this evening. I need to put myself into the mindset of "If I wouldn't raise it, fold it."
    know the enemy and know yourself, and in 100 battles you will never be in peril.

know yourself but ignorant of the enemy, your chances of winning are half.

if ignorant of yourself and of your enemy and you will always be in danger.
    As others have said, stop limping EP. Open raise or fold.

Also your BB looks too tight, relative to your SB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks