Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

river bluff hand

Default river bluff hand

villain is 46/10/2 over small sample, plays pretty bad. I think i can safely put him on QJ or KQ, maybe JT...

$0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
    6 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($12.98)
    UTG+1 ($25.00)
    CO ($31.25)
    Hero ($20.23)
    SB ($28.68)
    BB ($15.87)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BTN
    UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75, UTG folds

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players)
    BB bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

Turn: ($7.85, 2 players)
    BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($10.85, 2 players)
    BB bets $1.25, Hero raises to $10
    What makes you call the flop? and what do you perceive to be villains river range?
    Quote Originally Posted by minSim
    What makes you call the flop? and what do you perceive to be villains river range?
    OESD on flop, bad player donks, i wont give up just yet, i will give up to aggression on turn if UI
    His turn bet can be 2 things:
    -semibluffed flop, now got his flush, is suckin me in
    -hit tp on flop, was afraid of draws, now makes a probe bet

Here i went w my original read of a bad player, and didnt think he had flush, so he probably is afraid of hearts. I call getting decent odds and with position

On river, i'm pretty sure he doesnt have a big hand, that bet is just too wimpy
    what do you mean by river range?
    You're missing sets and Q9 in your range.

This guy is a donk, indeed he can have anywhere from bottom pair to a set on the flop, including FD's.
    I actually misread the action on the flop, I thought you only had a gutshot...with a OESD I like the call.

Turn I agree..he might have a flush, but theres enough other hands in his range, we're getting a pretty good price and some implied odds against a set or 2P or some other hand he somehow will decide he can call with.

From experience I say these continuing very small bets on later streets are very very often bottom/middle pair. Therfor I think your river raise is profitable.

I think a bit smaller raise has the same FE. He's likely calling any 2pair+ anyway and folding 9s, often Q's because they're always afraid of the A.
    You're missing sets and Q9 in your range.
    True, although i think those are less likely for a bad player. My experience is they wont donk them, they'll either c/r or sloplay, right?
    Still those are still hands in his range.
    Fold flop. One good thing about playing bad players is they let you know when you're beat.
    Just dipping my toes back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjsaust
    Fold flop. One good thing about playing bad players is they let you know when you're beat.
    Fold??? my OESD? imho thats REALLY WEAK
    You have 6 clean outs facing greater than a PSB.

You call him a bad player, but no information on what that means. People at these levels dont fold in big pots, so if he has any kind of CS tendencies at all this is just spewing chips in order not to be "weak". I'd prefer to be profitable.
    Just dipping my toes back in.