Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

2/5 play along deep

Default 2/5 play along deep

UTG is 25/19/6.3. Generally he is overaggro and spewy. I stacked him once so far this session when he min-reraised my button open and I called with Q6s. Flop was 345r, bet/call. Turn 2 and he check/shoves with an ace.

CO overcaller is a 61/0 passive fish but I only have 18 hands.

SB is 23/17/3 decent TAG. Also a bit spewy though. He 3bets 8.5% of the time and squeezes 11%.

$2.5/$5 No Limit Holdem
    5 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($936.00)
    CO ($317.85)
    BTN ($469.48)
    SB ($512.00)
    Hero ($946.40)
    [CO posted $5]

Pre-flop: ($12.50, 5 players) Hero is BB
    UTG raises to $17, CO calls $12, 1 fold, SB raises to $56, $51 to Hero ($941.4)?
    Do you think Villain(s) will stack of with TPGK? Rather what are the chances that you'll both hit your TP and theyll have a lower kicker? I think in this spot I muck since AQo plays shitty multiway and we'll be playing for stacks.
    My sig is too much for you to handle.
    Well this won't be much of a play along if you go by my line, but I just fold it.

If the opener was button, then I'd imagine SB's 3-betting range would be wider. But SB popping UTG, means I give more credit to both the other hands out there.
    very easy fold
    Just fold. $140 as a bluff is OK every once in a while but you better have the goods the vast majority of the time you do that.
    I love what all the loose 3-betting is doing for people's ranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanglow
    very easy fold
    b/c he squeezed an utg raiser - you have a decision if it's co raiser and button caller
    Quote Originally Posted by zook
    very easy fold
    b/c he squeezed an utg raiser - you have a decision if it's co raiser and button caller
    BUT ZOMG IT'S A SQOOOZE PLAY. HE'S ALWAYS FULL OF CRAP HERE. AQ IS G00T, RITE? EYE IZ ARE RIN!
    very easy fold
    Your question is completely different because that is just 2bets preflop. And yeah I would squeeze with AQ in that spot most of the time.
    very easy fold
    Your question is completely different because that is just 2bets preflop. And yeah I would squeeze with AQ in that spot most of the time.
    obv I meant if co raised, btn called and sb squeezed
    very easy fold
    I agree.
    If you happen to see a flop with UTG still in the hand, you are not going to be happy to get it in 200BB deep if you flop top pair.
    fold. but im guessing you called so lets see the rest.
    super easy fold
    The secret to success in poker is to rig the odds in your favor.
    flod
    Check out the new blog!!!
    let's see a flop then
    OK I'm a fish so I called.

$2.5/$5 No Limit Holdem
    5 players

Stacks:
    UTG ($936.00)
    CO ($317.85)
    BTN ($469.48)
    SB ($512.00)
    Hero ($946.40)
    [CO posted $5]

UTG raises to $17, CO calls $12, 1 fold, SB raises to $56, Hero calls $51, UTG calls $39, CO calls $39

Flop: ($226.50, 4 players)
    SB checks, Hero ($890.4)?
    I srsly don't get preflop, people usually won't squeeze an UTG raiser, especially OOP.

Flop seems like a pretty easy b/f. They will put you on AA/KK pretty much.
    OK well I'll try and put together an argument for not folding pf just to play devils advocate.

1) We're 5 handed so UTG is actually MP
    2) He squeezes 11% of the time. That's a lot. I'm not sure exactly how that stat is derived but I know that AQo is ahead of a range comprised of the top 11% of hands. Polarise that range and we're probably ahead even more.
    3) The UTG/MP opener is loose. Lots of the other regs I play with are nittish. To get your squeeze % up as high as 11% means that when you get a chance to squeeze a loose guy you have to take it a lot.
    4) We have position on the squeezer
    5) The UTG/MP opener will most likely fold when he sees a 3bet and cold-call in front of him because decent players cold calling 3bets looks pretty strong.
    6) The other player in the pot is a fish.
    7) The dead money posted should increase the UTG's raising range which in turn should increase the SB's squeezing range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    BUT ZOMG IT'S A SQOOOZE PLAY. HE'S ALWAYS FULL OF CRAP HERE. AQ IS G00T, RITE? EYE IZ ARE RIN!
    you haven't been coding in lolcode have u?
    Some nice arguments for calling.

But do they really weigh against;
    1. RIO of your hand, especially this deep
    2. The times you're gonna lose the battle of missed flops
    3. You folding against an UTG's 4bet

I'm far from as good a player as you are, but I just tend to stay away from these likely very hard and marginal postflop situations.
    1) The player I'm deep with hasn't acted yet so this might not be a problem. Infact it wont be the majority of the time because he opens so loose preflop and (it's only right to assume) folds most of his opening range to a 3bet and cold-call before him. You're right thought that the times he does call the hand will be difficult.

2) I don't mind battling over missed flops HU with the squeezer that much. If other people come along then everyone has to play honestly.

3) Yep this is a problem.

I'm not really trying to convince people that this is a good play but I really don't think it's as clear cut lolomgterrible as everyone seems to think.
    Ok in the interests of squeezing the last few drops of advice from this thread, I give you the turn.

$2.5/$5 No Limit Holdem
    5 players

Stacks:
    UTG ($936.00)
    CO ($317.85)
    BTN ($469.48)
    SB ($512.00)
    Hero ($946.40)
    [CO posted $5]

UTG raises to $17, CO calls $12, 1 fold, SB raises to $56, Hero calls $51, UTG calls $39, CO calls $39

Flop: ($226.50, 4 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $160, UTG calls $160, 1 fold, SB folds

Turn: ($546.50, 2 players)
    Hero ($730.4)?
    wow this is a super weird spot.

I can't even imagine what he would c/c with other than JJs. Maybe even AsQ would c/c here, either that or he has the nuts.

I'd check through and probably fold to a river lead on all rivers. Whatever he's pot controlling on the flop, I doubt he's turning into a bluff on the river. I wanna get to showdown now.
    Irish- UTG has way to good of a bluffing opportunity when you flat you must fold preflop. Since you didn't, i'll talk about postflop. I expect him to also have AQ a majority of the time taking that line. I really feel like you can just shove the turn here and hell if he had KQ he may even fold it.
    (edit: I had my previous response wrong, cause I thought it was SB who c/c'd and continued with the hand, and not UTG who just called in position)

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo
    Irish- UTG has way to good of a bluffing opportunity when you flat you must fold preflop. Since you didn't, i'll talk about postflop. I expect him to also have AQ a majority of the time taking that line. I really feel like you can just shove the turn here and hell if he had KQ he may even fold it.
    The problem I see with shoving is that he never has air here, after flatting this flop, since I'd imagine he'd most often jam a hand like AsK.

So whatever his range is, he has some hand that's not afraid of a spade peeling off. So AsAs, AsQ (freerolled), AsJs, AsA, KsK, KsQ, JsJ or maybe TsT. I just feel like the range we beat here is rarely rarely calling our shove. Even IF he had flatted AsK or AKs, that hand got there now as well.