Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Recommend Me A Juicer

Question Recommend Me A Juicer

I drink a lot of Mountain Dew and a lot of water. Recommend me a juicer.
    my dad swears by the one he has... he says it's called the bullet, but that could be either the magic bullet blender or the nutribullet. I can attest to whatever he has - it's fucking great. I'll post back here when he confirms which one it is.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    Assuming you mean a juicer and not a blender.

Start with a decent Centrifugal juicer until you are sure you will be into it for a long time. Masticating juicers are more difficult to use and clean and can really turn you off of juicing before you gain any benefits. Any Decent Breville will suit you perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    my dad swears by the one he has... he says it's called the bullet, but that could be either the magic bullet blender or the nutribullet. I can attest to whatever he has - it's fucking great. I'll post back here when he confirms which one it is.
    Bullets aren't juicers, they are blenders
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Assuming you mean a juicer and not a blender.

Start with a decent Centrifugal juicer until you are sure you will be into it for a long time. Masticating juicers are more difficult to use and clean and can really turn you off of juicing before you gain any benefits. Any Decent Breville will suit you perfectly.
    Shit's Greek to me, I'm going to need some real hand-holding on this one.
    Definitely recommend this juicer. It will never let you down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzxuJ-BCqU

There are a ton of sites and vids. There is a difference between smoothies and juicing and a difference between juicing and juicing. Why you juice, what you juice and how often all make a big difference. What do you know about juicing and why do you want to
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Definitely recommend this juicer. It will never let you down

Horse meat tho.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzxuJ-BCqU

There are a ton of sites and vids. There is a difference between smoothies and juicing and a difference between juicing and juicing. Why you juice, what you juice and how often all make a big difference. What do you know about juicing and why do you want to
    I'm told that you can make shit that tastes good and that doesn't make you feel like shit like drinking a liter or more of Mountain Dew and other crap does. I have an issue where the taste of the majority of green vegetables trigger an acute need to vomit (not being sarcastic), and I'm looking to see what I can do about not eating like 100% pure shit since I'm turning 30 this year.
    I don't know if you saw my FB status Spoon, but I just did a 10 day juice fast finishing last weekend
    I don't know if you saw my FB status Spoon, but I just did a 10 day juice fast finishing last weekend
    Yeah I'm not really looking to do that kind of thing to some extreme as much as I just want to drink shit that tastes good and that's good for me.
    If you are just trying to add veggies and fruits to your overall diet then it's real easy. You just have to start with things like apples, cucumbers, celery and carrots, adding a little bit of spinach or Kale every time. You will slowly work away from the sweetness and get more into the vegetables as you go. If you find a few recipes you like you can start with and slowly adjust as your tastes change. There are enough sweet vegetables like beets and sweet potato to make most drinks very tolerable.
    If you are just trying to add veggies and fruits to your overall diet then it's real easy. You just have to start with things like apples, cucumbers, celery and carrots, adding a little bit of spinach or Kale every time. You will slowly work away from the sweetness and get more into the vegetables as you go. If you find a few recipes you like you can start with and slowly adjust as your tastes change. There are enough sweet vegetables like beets and sweet potato to make most drinks very tolerable.
    Okay I'm going to try to figure out which one of these fuckers to buy.
    Centrifugal juicers are cheaper and faster. They require less time to clean and disassemble and reassemble with about 3 working parts. Make sure the screen is 100 metal, no plastic parts and you are good to go. With these you get more air in the juice so you will need to drink it almost immediately. Storing juice isn't normally recommended anyway, since fresh is the reason we drink it. Try to get one with a large enough chute to take a full mid sized apple.

I have a site with some awesome simple recipes too when you do.
    In a previous life, I was a major hippie who did several juice fasts that lasted over a week. I honestly forget the longest one, but it was close to a month. I don't know much about juicers, but I can say stuff about the juice itself. Probably the best introduction is carrot-apple juice, and don't skimp on the apple. This is a very sweet juice to which you can gradually add darker, harder vegetables. If right out the gate you go with something heavy and bitter, you'll likely give up

Also, don't overdo it. People think because it's vegetables, it's healthy, but when it's juiced, it really isn't "vegetables" anymore. It's a glass of sugar with probably way more micronutrients than your body can use. If you're an otherwise normal person who doesn't eat that many vegetables, juicing is an option. If you already consume a decent amount of salads, stir-frys, etc., juice is probably more of a treat than a health-booster
    It is pretty much sugar if you only juice carrots, apples, and other fruits. That is why cucumber, celery, lemon and a small amount of greens helps increase micro nutrients and reduce the amount of sugar.
    That definitely helps. Kale has about half the sugar content of carrots, but what makes the drinks so sugary is the throwing out of the fiber, which turns something like the 5g of sugar in kale from a big salad into 20g for a beverage. Basically what you're doing when you juice is upping all the macro and micro nutrients while cutting out the fiber, which IIRC makes sugar the new main macro constituent
    Ya, I agree the sugar count does go up a little. I don't think it goes up to 20g coming from kale though. With a few leaves of Kale or other greens you basically just get like a couple table spoons of dark green juice which is mostly filled with cholera and spirulina. Very high nutrients and very little yield. With things like Cucumber and Celery you get a lot of water content and not a lot of sugar as well. They again give you a very high yield of juice (fluid) and tons of nutrients without a ton of sugar. Lastly, you get apples, carrots, pears, fruits like pineapple and watermelon that give you a lot more sugar as well. The biggest thing about these is that you can bypass digestion and get a shot of nutrients that you would never get from the foods because we just never chew through the fibrous parts well enough to get to the good stuff.

Drink your juice on an empty stomach, drink it slowly for quite a while and don't guzzle it like a beer on a hot day. That way your body will take the food as you go and limit the sugar rush when you first start out with sweeter drinks.
    Jason Vale AKA "The Juiceman" is an awesome guy. I met him about a year ago at a seminar. The man could make anyone want to juice.
    On a yearly basis, how many seminars (of any and all kinds) do you attend, jyms?
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    I feel like if I were Jason Vale I'd have all sorts of crazy hobbies and talents. Kayaking, guitar, street magic, whatever. Anything to avoid being defined by juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    On a yearly basis, how many seminars (of any and all kinds) do you attend, jyms?
    None this year because I'm not working in the gym anymore. I used to go to a week long event called CanFitPro Expo that runs 2 hour or 1/2 day seminars and full day practical classes throughout 7 days that you can choose to attend. I'm only certified in a few exercise and training regimens, but I've spent a ton of time learning so many things about fitness, nutrition and exercise.
    In my experience you just get one your dad had in the cupboard for 15 years and all you have to remember is to turn it off before it smells like plastic, and then you forget to clean it one day and that's when you throw it away.

The one chip posted looks nice except that the levers are pure plastic and don't look like they can take much abuse. Maybe they've fixed that but that was the main reason I didn't get this one back when I thought I wanted to live healthy.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.