Software is very fast - probably built in .NET - very responsive and
you can move from screen to screen instantly. The layout and
colors are easy on the eye, sounds are not annoying - best US
poker soft in my book.
Game selection and traffic are not too bad - games are not too
hard to find. I also like the graphics and the concepts behind their
promos - love it when creative people run the shop.
The only wish is: if the traffic was three-four times higher, this site
would be a dream.
Was this review helpful? 0 out of 0 Yes
not all US residents may use Bovada - I couldn't even register on the site as a New York resident. I'm not sure which states can, but, that'd be good information to have right up front here.
Was this review helpful? 2 out of 4 Yes
7. 100% deposit bonus is “unlocked” by accumulating points, which are awarded based on amount of rake the player pays in the first month. *note: this is very tough to clear playing recreationally, or with only a single table at 5NL. I only cleared ~80% (more than 1/2 of it was in the final week when I was playing 4 tables).
8. HUD support is useless for vital post-flop stats – playing 25NL and above is a different game with a much higher variance than other sites. All players have a thinner edge on each other which means the rake is tougher to beat.
9. No rakeback – although, I understand that rakeback is slowly being dropped from many sites.
10. Seat hopping is difficult. If you leave a seat (for any reason, even disconnect), then you can’t sit back down at the same table until 5 minutes later. It is likely that there will be no available seat when the 5 minutes elapses. However, when a new seat opens, all the notes players had on you (or your notes on them) are gone. If you take notes on a scratch paper or document, then you can retain notes on the table, while they lose notes on you.
11. They have single-player blackjack tables accessible from the poker lobby.
Was this review helpful? 5 out of 6 Yes