If you fancy your circle of poker friends to be the next “Crew” or if you simply have 3 fellow poker players that you could team up with to make for a formidable force, then Ladbrokes Poker has the promotion for you. The second edition of the Ladbrokes Team Championship is just a couple weeks away.
There will be over €65,000 in prizes given out over the course of the 6-week event, both to those who finish in the money in individual tournaments and to teams that place well consistently.
The event works much like any other tournament series’ leaderboards: players accrue points for finishing in a respectable position—both by playing in several tournaments, and by finishing well in those tournaments; by balancing consistency with big-point, final-table scores. The twist for this series, though, is that every player is on a team of four, and the final leaderboard standings are decided by the best aggregate score for an entire team.
Teammates can even bypass some of the oldest standing rules in poker by soft-playing each other and such. Of course, you won’t actually be able to table talk during the course of the tournament itself, but teams that have a solid, premeditated strategy for helping each other out will get an edge.
There are 2 MTTs per week, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday for every week from the middle of April to the end of May. That makes for 12 MTTs. Players may play in as many as they’d like, and then the highest score for each player of a team for each week counts toward the team’s standing. That makes for 4 scores per week per team, for 24 total scores by the end of the series.
Players who play in multiple MTTs per week have two incentives. First, they get to use the higher of the two scores toward their team’s standing. Second, Ladbrokes is having a Freeroll at the end of the series with €3,500 in prizes for players who play in 8 of the 12 tournaments, and they’re offering a Freeroll with €5,500 in prizes to players who play in 10 of the 12!
The teams to finish in the top 4 of the standings will receive Vegas Packages for each of the players on the team. The biggest prize package is a €42,000 value! 65% of the buy-ins will go toward these leaderboard prizes, and the remaining 35% will go toward the prize pool for the tournaments themselves.
For more information on this event, including specifics on prize packages, charts for how the leaderboard points are awarded and more specific terms, visit Ladbrokes. Be sure to get your teams in by April 16th, or you’ll have to settle for late registration.