Alright, here is the plan. I still am on track for my original goals and plans of grinding $200NL for a decent winrate and playing full time in 08. Changes in the plan are as follows:
1) I already am playing full time, since getting laid off last month.
2) I am currently sitting comfortable at $100NL again with more than 30 BI’s.
3) I am already withdrawing from the BR on a regular basis instead of just grinding it up to the $5K I had told myself I needed to take a shot in the new year.
So I need to really alter the plans. With the newly planned website almost up and running I will have more time again to post and play, I would hope. I just recently went through some tough swings in BR and mood with a failed attempt at the FT $100NL games, so I bailed and completed a couple bonuses on Stars instead. As of right now, I am sitting on a BR consisting of:
$1600 at Battlefield (Prima)
$1400 at Party
$ 120 at Stars
$75 at FT
I also have $1500 that is designated as a $1K live roll and $500 for backup in case we need anything quickly here at home. I will either save the $500 as part of my $1K withdrawal on the 15th or use it as backup to the live roll if it becomes unnecessary to put online. So at last count that leaves me with almost $5K as we speak but not really as an online BR. For arguments sake I will call it 30 BI’s of $100NL.
Alright enough history, whats the plan? Well, I am going to grind the heck out of that Prima site. I have 60% RB and there seems to be enough tables, fish and no shortage of time to play, so long as I do it before 10pm or so, I will be good to go. The site seems to slow way down after that. Prima also allows for datamining so finding seats and tables should be quick and easy.
I will then play Party tables until I call it a night. Party seems easily beatable, if you play a Cocco_bill style and just make your hands and value bet the b’jesus out of them. The aggression needs to be very selective, these guys can’t fold. I can table select at will there since my new computer will run Partyplanner, betpot, PartyHandGrabber and table highlighter along with PT and Hud easily. I can datamine and should have no excuse for finding tables since at 4am my time there are still 20+ tables of 6max running full.
So targets, hmmmm. i will set some hand targets, and that is my goal, the PTBB stats will just be something I have to hit to move up or I’m just not beating the game good enough. If I don’t hit those it’s fine, as long as I play winning poker for the amounts of hands I need to get.
October – 50K hands @ 5PTBB/100($10/100) = $5K
If I can achieve this I will take a shot in November at $200NL. I must hit both targets or I have to play until I hit that target over 50K hands. Simple as that. If I grind out less PTBB but am still winning I will reevaluate when it comes time, based on BR and actual stats.
November – 40K hands @ 2PTBB/100($8/100) = $4K
If I play $200NL I will have achieved goal #1 and have moved up. I will then play less hands for the month because I will spend more time studying the game. It would be my first real attempt at these stakes so I would like to spend some time learning the game. I don’t feel that I would need to grind out as many hands since I would be comfortable doing this for the rest of the year. In the new year I will analyze where I am and post some new short term and long term goals.
December – will be either (a) still grinding the $100NL stakes to get my 50K hands at 5PTBB or getting in hands at $200NL until the new year. Either way it will be only 35K hands as a target since it’s the holiday season and I expect to be both busy and taking a little time off near the end of the year. That is all for the month
Other poker related goals for the rest of the year.
1) I want to watch a lot of the CR vids that I need to see. I don’t need a ton of details here, suffice to say, I will see at least one a day but most likely two. I hope to start my morning session with one and if possible with time permitting, I will start my evening session with one too.
2) I want to play every day for the rest of the year except the odd day every week or two. If I start to burn out, which hasn’t happened yet, I will take a 2 or 3 day break. As it stands, since getting laid off I have played at least 500 hands a day, most days is 1K or more. This is nothing compared to my work schedule the last 5 years.
3) I will continue this soon, I need to sleep on it. It’s 6am I also want to put in place some personal goals as well.